Waterbirths or Laboring in a pool has several benefits since the warm water in the birthing/laboring tub can help with:
- May also trigger the release of more endorphins.
- Improve blood flow to the uterine muscles, which can help you naturally handle labor discomfort.
- Less pain and higher satisfaction with the birth experience
- Less medication use for pain relief—this may be important for people who want or need to avoid epidurals or narcotic medications during labor
- Less use of artificial oxytocin and possibly shorter labors
- Higher rates of normal vaginal birth
- Lower rates of episiotomy
- Higher rates of intact perineum, especially in high-episiotomy settings
- Possibly lower rates of severe tears (3rd or 4th degree), especially in high-episiotomy settings
- Possibly lower rates of postpartum hemorrhage
If you want to learn more about laboring in water or waterbirths, I encourage you to read this fantastic article by Evidence-Based Birth.
- Type: ‘Oasis Oval Water Birth Pool 0.38mm Eco Vinyl (phthalate-free vinyl)
64” x 50” x 24” / 163x127x61cm
3-ring chamber design
- One-Way air valves for easy inflating and deflating
- Air walls are 8" / 20cm wide
- 3" / 8 cm inflated white floor
Anti-slip textured top and floor 110 gallons / 416 liters
What does the rental pool include?
- 1 Electric-powered inflation pump
- 1 Water pump for cleanup
- 1 Oasis Oval Sanitary Liner
- 1 container of CAVI germicidal wipes.
- 1 variety of sink-hose adaptors
- 1 package of led candle lights if wanted to use to decorate your birth space.
Labor/Birth Pool Rental
It is the responsibility of the family to return the laboring/birthing pool:
- Use the new and disposable liner when using the pool.
- Completely clean (using CAVI sanitizing wipes which are provided with the rental)
- In good condition
- Stores as it was received.
- Report any issues or damage inmmediately