Birthlight Prenatal Yoga
Time & Location
About the Event
Prenatal Yoga Class & Pelvic Mobility
Wednesdays at Camp Courtney’s Gym: 11:30 a.m.
Thursdays at Camp Foster’s Gym: 11:30 a.m.
The Birthlight adaption of traditional yoga practices (posture work, body movement, breathing, relaxation, and chanting) for pregnancy and childbirth has pioneered the current popularity of Pregnancy Yoga (prenatal Yoga) classes in the UK and abroad. Birthlight offers a comprehensive program of Yoga from pre-conception to the postnatal period (perinatal Yoga).
How Can Yoga Support Normal Birth? (Finding your birthing power)
- Positive attitude, harnessing the power of the mind, getting in touch with birthing instincts.
- Breathing releases tension, resistance, fear, exhaustion, and negative feelings.
- Relaxation techniques aid with pain relief and increase natural endorphins.
- Yoga increases Oxytocin levels, especially from 30 weeks onwards, “the feel-good factor.”
- Helps with some of the debilitating conditions of pregnancy
- Exercises can be adapted to help women with previous perineal trauma, emotional trauma, and previous traumatic births
- Allows grief to be voiced through sound
- It helps with persistent back pain.
And much more..