Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class Scholarship Application
Time & Location
About the Event
EVIDENCE BASED BIRTH CHILDBIRTH CLASS SCHOLARSHIPS
For Black, Brown, Hispanic and Indigenous Families
Every trimester (winter, summer and fall) there will be a scholarship for a family to take the Evidence Based Birth Childbirth Class.
W H Y ?
In the U.S. Black, American Indian, and Alaska Native (AI/AN) women are two to three times more likely to die from pregnancy-related causes than white women – and this disparity increases with age, researchers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).
The maternal death rate for black women was more than double that of white women: 37.1 deaths per 100,000 live births compared to 14.7. It was also more than three times the rate for Hispanic women.
Hispanic women are significantly more likely to have a baby with a neural tube birth defect, and nearly a quarter of all preterm births in the United States are Hispanic, according to a report from the March of Dimes.
The bottom line is that most pregnancy-related deaths are preventable, and racial and ethnic disparities in pregnancy-related deaths have persisted over time.
THE EVIDENCE BASED BIRTH CHILDBIRTH CLASS
Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class is a 6-week class, 100% interactive online curriculum for families all over the world, delivering current evidence-based information in a friendly and approachable way. By taking the EBB® Childbirth Class, you and your partner will not only learn the evidence for medical and non-medical birth options
- Mentorship from an experienced Evidence Based Birth® Instructor
- Six online zoom classes to review and discuss concepts such as the stages of labor, advocacy, comfort measures, the evidence around medical procedures and their non-medical alternatives, creating birth plans, and preparing for the challenging postpartum period.
- Five weeks of online videos for you and your partner to watch together.
BONUS: Spiral-bound booklet of all 1-page Signature Article Handouts by EBB. Perfect for sharing with your provider to have engaging and informed discussions on over 20 topics in maternity care.
BONUS: Breastfeeding and newborn care videos.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Follow this account on Instagram and Facebook
- Share this post on your social media and with other families
- Apply at www.dhbirthservices.com
- How will your family benefit from this scholarship?
- How will you help to bring awareness and evidence based practices to other expecting families?
Have any questions?
- Scholarship Application$0$00$0