CUB (Comfortable Upright Birth) Rental - 4 weeks
The CUB (Comfortable Upright Birth) support is a comfortable, versatile, inflatable birthing support designed to help adopt and maintain positions that are physically the most helpful for parent and their babies during labor and birth.
The CUB comes with an electric inflate/deflate to make for speedy inflation, medical-grade cleaning / disinfecting wipes, and the CUB positioning and guide with tips and tricks for upright birth.
The hire is for 4 weeks so that you can enjoy the CUB stools benefits throughout the end of your pregnancy and during labor and birth.
Click to view the digital brochure: CUB Information Guide
When the parent is in an upright position, it can help the baby to be in the best (easiest) position for birth, making more space within her pelvis than if she is semi-sitting or lying on her back on a bed.
Current research has shown that this can make labor shorter and give birth easier, as well as increase safety for the mother and her baby by reducing the risks of complications during birth.
The CUB can be used during late pregnancy and throughout labor as a comfortable support, either to sit on, rest on or lean over, as well as to give birth to the baby on.
The CUB is suitable for use in hospitals, birth centers, or at homebirths.
Using your CUB during pregnancy can be an easy way to promote the baby being in a great position for birth.
You can use your CUB in pregnancy or during labor to relieve the symptoms of pelvic girdle pain and lower back pain.
The CUB will allow you to instinctively explore a range of labor and birth positions that are physiologically more beneficial for both you and your baby.
The CUB allows lots of space for your birthing team to provide physical, for example, back and leg massage or hip squeeze, as well as emotional, support-keeping them close and actively participating in the birth with you.
Even if things change during your labor and your movement is more restricted for some reason, the Cub can still be safely used (in a single chamber inflation) on a hospital bed. This means that you can still benefit from upright positions-all fours, sitting upright, or side laying) even if you can't move off of the bed.
Benefits of the CUB
- At any time, you don't have to wait for the midwife or arrive in the hospital
- Sturdy and stable, it doesn't roll away like a ball
- You choose the right seat height
- Inflatable and deflatable in a matter of seconds
- Easy to take with you (to the hospital or birth center)
- Can also be used on the bed to give birth vertically
- To be used in the shower
- Easy to clean with just water and soap
- Nice extra seat for your partner if you are not using the CUB yourself
From CUB Usa Website:
How can the CUB help me to have a natural birth?
Having a more effective, possibly shorter and easier birth with less chance of serious complications with an increased chance of a natural birth is better for you and better for the baby. Watch our CUB Animation to see how it works.
What does the research say about upright birth?
- Being upright during labor and birth can increase the space within your pelvis for your baby to be born by 28-30%
- Your labor contractions can be more effective
- Your baby will cope better with labor and birth and will be less distressed, 54% less incidence of fetal heart abnormalities
- The length of the first stage of your labor, between 3-10 centimeters can be significantly reduced by up to 50%
- A shorter second stage (pushing stage) of labor
- You are 23% less likely to need a medically assisted birth.
- More space, less distress and a shorter labor results in fewer necessary intervention
- You are 21% less likely to need an episiotomy which is a small cut to your perineum to increase the room for baby to be born
- You have a 29% reduced chance of having an emergency Cesarean section